Updates for 2021
We are working diligently to plan a fun and safe summer for your children! Your patience, understanding, and cooperation are greatly appreciated!
Due to the continued Covid-19 pandemic, and following guidance from national, state, and local health authorities, Iredell County Parks & Recreation will offer a MODIFIED Camp Iredell program for the summer of 2021.
Some changes to note:
- Group Sizes: group sizes are limited, with reduced capacity from previous years. This will allow us to maintain proper physical distancing, and remain within the group gathering limits set by the state.
- Staffing: Due to reduced group sizes, we will also have reduced staffing, however we will be maintaining our staff to camper ratio of no more than 1 to 10 (1 staff for each 10 campers).
- Hours: Camp will be open from 7:30am - 5:30pm daily
- Current guidance advises against field trips and/or traveling, so at this time we are planning for all activities to be at the host facility. However, if we are able to include some trips later, due to future changes in the guidance and availability of resources, we will try.
- Due to the limitations on field trips and capacity limits at each location, we will not be offering the Camp Iredell Adventures program in 2021. However, we have adjusted the ages of Camp Iredell, to include children ages 5-12.
- Camp will follow and enforce Covid mitigation guidelines as applicable, including but not limited to (see Parent Handbook for details, subject to change):
- Face coverings
- Physical distancing
- Health Assessments, Screenings, and/or Attestation Forms
- Increased hand washing and sanitization
- Changes to drop-off and pickup procedures
- Limited shared equipment and modified activities
Spring Break Camp
- Returning in 2022!
- Ages 8-13
- Day Camp
- Daily Trips: Parks, Science Centers, Hiking, Climbing, Bowling, Movies, and more!
"As a working parent, it was very important for me to find a safe yet fun and adventurous summer camp for my two children. Iredell County Parks and Recreation Summer Camps offered everything I was looking for and more. This is an all day camp (great for working parents) with convenient drop off and pick up times. They offer a different and exciting agenda daily such as swimming, hiking, rafting, water parks, movies and even Carowinds. The counselors are trustworthy and mature. My children attended this camp for several years, both Camp Iredell and Camp Iredell Adventures, until they unfortunately aged out of both. The adventures they had and the friendships and memories they made at this summer camp will last a lifetime. Thank you Iredell County Parks and Recreation for continuing to offer this wonderful camp to the community. I am forever grateful that my children had the opportunity to attend."
- W. Miller
"I am extremely impressed with how you run this summer camp – it has been a refreshing experience to see a camp managed so well and the counselors at the Mt. Mourne (Mooresville) location are great. My kids have both enjoyed their experience there immensely so far and are looking forward to the remainder of the summer."
- M. Mast
"This is our first year my kids are going to these camps, Camp Iredell and Camp Iredell Adventures. They absolutely love it! They have great time. They are non-stop taking about it and want to come back the next day! Thank you!"
- A. Sendler
CI and CIA at a Baseball Game