Application Information and Instructions
Iredell County’s Animal Services Department (ICAS) process more than 4,000 lost and unwanted animals each year. Unfortunately, not all the animals will be eligible for immediate adoption. Those arriving with serious medical conditions or displaying fractious or aggressive behavior may have a better chance of being adopted if released to a qualified rescue partner who can improve the animal’s condition. In order to keep the shelter population at a minimum, some very adoptable animals may be offered to qualified rescue partners as well.
Qualified rescue organizations having a current 501(c)3 status that have the ability and knowledge to participate as a rescue partner whose purpose and goal is to help rescue animals from the shelter, must first complete this application and return it to:
Iredell County Animal Services, Attn: Rescue Partner Coordinator, 430 Bristol Dr.,
Statesville, NC 28677
• All applicants must be a current 501(c)3 organization
• Have all appropriate licenses required by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture, and any other federal, state or local agencies
• Correspondence about rescue program updates, special events, and urgent bulletins are distributed via e-mail
These supporting documents must be attached when submitting your application.
ICAS endeavors to support rescue partners for the benefit of placing our animals into humane environments. ICAS recognizes the importance of rescue partners as well as protecting the interests of animals placed in our care and has established specific requirements:
• A completed and approved rescue partner application must be on file prior to the release of any animal to any rescue partner and/or its approved representatives.
• ICAS must be notified immediately of any changes in the rescue partner organization, such as location changes, principle/officer changes, contact information (phone numbers, email addresses), authorized representatives that may pull animals from the shelter on the behalf of any approved rescue partner.
• All rescue partner applications will be renewed annually. If ICAS has amended the process or if rescue partner has revised any information, a new application will be required.
• ICAS will only release animals to rescue partner representatives that are listed on the application and have been approved.
• All official correspondence from an approved rescue to ICAS related to adoption of an animal must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Except when judged necessary by ICAS, animals will be adopted to approved rescues on a first-come-first-served basis, based solely upon the time when the official email correspondence was received at email@example.com . Emails received at this address take precedence over claims at the counter for any animal not already available for general adoption to the public.
• While ICAS will make every reasonable effort to house claimed animals while an approved rescue arranges for foster or transport, ICAS does not guarantee the ability to hold animals when it creates a hardship due to circumstances at our Shelter. Until an approved rescue completes all required paperwork and takes possession of an animal, ICAS retains authority to determine the availability of any animal.
• Unless ICAS has approved an alternate protocol, approved rescue partners are required to spay/neuter all dogs and/or cats adopted from ICAS prior to transferring ownership to any third party. Rescue shall provide written verification from a veterinarian after surgery has been performed.
• Any organization which adopts an animal with a medical problem, known or unknown, will provide veterinary treatment for the animal.
• ICAS cannot guarantee the health of the animal, or be responsible for any illness transmitted to other animals in the care of the rescue partner.
• When requested, approved rescues will provide ICAS with placement information for any or all animals adopted from ICAS.
• ICAS may visit sites where approved groups are kenneling or sheltering animals adopted from our shelter. Approved rescues shall keep animals in conditions which meet state and local requirements.
• The Director of ICAS or when designated, the rescue program coordinator has the sole discretion to determine which animals may be released for rescue.
• Applicable fees pay by Rescue Partner may vary. The Director, taking into account the number of animals in custody at the time, may decrease or waive rescue fees.
• Stray animals being held at ICAS during the stray holding period are not available for this program, unless ICAS approval has been given to place the animal in a temporary foster environment during the stray hold period.
• If a Rescue Partner refers a potential adopter to ICAS regarding an animal available for adoption, the normal ICAS adoption procedures and fees will be followed.
• An approved Rescue Partner is an extension of ICAS and as such is expected to support the mission and efforts of ICAS. False, misleading or controversial media, publications and social media content directed towards ICAS is not acceptable.
• Failure to adhere to these procedures may result in removal from the approved rescue list.
• ICAS reserves the right to deny any application.
This document is not a contract or agreement. By signing below, you acknowledge you are an authorized representative of the rescue organization listed, and have read and understand the rules for participation as an approved rescue in the rescue adoption program at ICAS.
Rescue Partner agrees to release, waive, indemnify and hold harmless the County, its officers, agents, employees, and volunteers from any and all liability, losses, or damages, including attorney's fees and costs of defense, arising out of, relating to, or resulting from the adoption, care, ownership, maintenance, retention, temperament conduct or condition of the animal(s).
By signing below, I hereby represent and warrant that I am duly authorized to act on behalf of the organization and do so with full authority.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field