This exclusion (PDF) is for Honorably Discharged Veterans that are 100% totally disabled from a service-connected disability or that receive benefits for specially adapted housing under 38 USC 2101. There is no income requirement for this exclusion.
To qualify you must be:
- 100% permanently disabled due to a service related injury
- An unmarried surviving spouse may qualify
- Has received benefits for specially adapted housing under 38 USC 2101
- Honorably Discharged Veterans
- No age or income requirements
- Reduction of $45,000 off the value of permanent legal residence including up to 1 acre of land
The Social Security number information is mandatory and will be used to establish the identification of the applicant, 42 U.S.C. Section 405(c)(2)(C)(i).